Linking up with Elm Street Quilts
My goal for April is to quilt a beach/surf quilt for my brother-in-law. So aiming for it to be finished with the binding done as well.
I have the backing ready. I had to join a bit to make it slightly larger – it’s all I had and we can no longer obtain this as the shop stopped importing it.
I have used the I Love Home quilt pattern by Jaquelynne Steves
I have put together four central appliqué blocks that are beach and surf related. My BIL was a keen surfer and now loves to fish. Maybe he does the odd surf still. I am not sure about that!
Linking up with Elm Street Quilts.
My goal was to finish a quilt top and get it altogether. Which I have done, and of course gone on to work towards other things as well. This is the second quilt I have put together in memory of my mother.
The weather is awful outside so here is one of it on the couch inside.
Hope everyone is keeping safe at home. My country is in lock down with only essential services running.
Linking up with Elm Street Quilts.
My focus for March is to finish the small details on the following blocks and then sew them together, and I want to put on borders so will have a sort out with putting those on. So at the end of the month I want a completed top ready for quilting.
This is the second memory quilt I’ve been making focused on my late mother. I intend giving it to another sister when completed. Sorry the photo is not so good, the light in the room was poor but hopefully at the end of the month I can improve on that!
Linking up with Elm St Quilts One Month Goal
My goal was:
… to sandwich and quilt it. Icing on the cake would be to bind it as well.
I was able to totally complete it. This quilt was a leaders and enders scrappy quilt and the pattern was from Missouri Star Quilt Company.
I am happy with how it turned out. I quilted it so that it would stay soft and cosy. Whoever claims it will need to like the colour purple!
- #19 Vintage block of Lori Holt’s blog √ Done. Lori Holt called this one a picnic block.
- Next Pat Sloan Childhood Games block√ Done. Very quick easy blocks.
- Next Vintage Housewife block√ Done, needs buttons here and there but won’t put on until I have quilted it.
- Twenty minutes most days on my memory quilt. √ I took out the middle of a block I had done and replaced it with something more to my taste. Doing this twenty minutes on this quilt has really progressed the quilt blocks and only have a couple to go. Feels good. I think I’ll choose another quilt next month to focus on for a small amount of time most days to get it going.
- Make binding for Sunny Skies quilt and machine sew it on and then start to hand finish it off. √ Done. This is my goal for the month and I will post later in the week the completion.
- Start planning beach/surf quilt for a brother-in-law√ Just did a little initial planning.
- Anything else that takes my eye.√ I decided to make a small patchwork bag to put some books in that I am buying for my great niece. She will be seven and has fallen in love with these books. I have bought 4 of them for her. At the moment I am embroidering a character to go on a book pattern by Kate Basti . I will then put Isadora somewhere on the bag. The dragon is kinda cute but just doing Isadora.
Vintage block #19
Love of Fine China – Memory Quilt
Binding on Sunny Skies
And another great – niece – the one who wants a yellow and pink and blue quilt and loves dogs and monkeys! ( have bought the fabric – no monkeys!) Will appliqué dogs.
While she was waiting and her grandmother’s place before going to the airport for a week in Australia. It is summer down here but we had a chilly morning, the weather came up from the south (Antarctic). So she wrapped up in the quilt that I finished and her grandmother adopted it when I put it up on Facebook for anyone who wanted it in the family. Tayla pronounced that it was warm! My sister messaged me this photo to show it was being appreciated!
I will put Sunny Skies quilt up for adoption on FB later in the week and hope it is adopted too! I belong to a large family so someone hopefully will want it!
Plan for coming week.
- make #20 of Vintage blocks
- make the Children’s Playground block
- work on the telephone Housewife vintage block
- embroider Isadora and do the book part of the bag.
- continue to do 20 minutes on Memory quilt
- watch Alyssa from Penguin & Fish doing the second Aurifil BOM which is appliqué and thread painting. Might have a go myself if I have time.
- Maybe work on first block for surf/beach quilt.
Joining up with Home Sewn’s Tuesday Linky.
Last week I planned
- to make another vintage block #18. – completed.
- make the next housewife vintage block – ironing block – done although still some hand work to do on it. A little embroidery and I need the right size rick rack.
- make this week’s Pat Sloan block for Childhood Games – done. These blocks tend to be quick easy blocks.
- continue working on the memory quilt – to get this done I make sure I put in at least 20 minutes on days when I sew. This is working well and it means I am getting there.
- some quilting on my Sunny Skies quilt. – Done. Actually did all the quilting.Plans for this week – rather more of the same!
- #19 Vintage block of Lori Holt’s blog
- Next Pat Sloan Childhood Games block
- Next Vintage Housewife block
- Twenty minutes most days on my memory quilt
- Make binding for Sunny Skies quilt and machine sew it on and then start to hand finish it off.
- Start planning beach/surf quilt for a brother-in-law
- Anything else that takes my eye.