I seem to start a lot of quilts, although I suspect that is what quite a number of quilters do! In this post I am not at this point looking back at what I have completed this year, but rather what I am working on and plans for furthering them along.
- Splendid Sampler – I aim to make 100 6 inch blocks, so that I can then piece them together and make a bed size quilt for the winter with a woollen batting. This will not be completed until next year – maybe mid 2018.
- Bloom Quilt from the Bloom Sew Along at Bee in my Bonnet. Obviously I am not doing it when it was first shared, but in my own time. I am working on the fourth block at present. I will give this away when I finally finish!
- The 182 Solstice sew along with Pat Sloan which is now finished but as it was ending, on a whim I decided to start sewing it! I have three more blocks to do, plus the sashing and various fillers. I hope to finish this by the end of the year. Its for myself! It was meant to be bigger but I have downsized the blocks to 75% because I only wanted throw size.
- Scrappy Quilt of Log Cabin and sixteen patches. I made this with left over fabric from a quilt I made a young relative. I think I will finish the quilting side of this by October so that it can be used at a fund raising event at a local school, where the children fund raise for Mission work. I think it is about 40 ” by 50″ from memory.
- Craftsy 2016 block of month quilt I bought the kit for this and have been piecing it, way behind of course, but it doesn’t really matter. I intend giving it to one of my sisters for a belated significant birthday. I haven’t made it as big as the pattern because again I don’t want a quilt that big. My next task is to quilt it. The backing just arrived today, I have chosen a minky fabric. Er… White! Not sure that is such a good choice!
- Anne of Green Gables Quilt. I am making this for a young family member, think she is ten. I have finished the top. Now just waiting for the backing to arrive and then will quilt it and present. Hopefully in the next month or two.
- Almost forgot the Leah Day Free Motion Block Party that I am doing. Think I have done five blocks and haven’t done June yet. Might be awhile with the other things on the go!There just isn’t enough hours in the day! I will begin blocks for one more quilt along Grandma’s Kitchen Sew Along with Pat Sloan, the fabric is on its way, block one is already out, but I can catch up. Ahem!!