Elm Street Quilts OMG link up
I had one main goal for July which was to sandwich and quilt my Garden Charm quilt designed by Lynette Jensen, that I had been making from a Craftsy Class. I am happy to say I have completed it and gifted it to my sister, to keep her cosy on the couch at night.
- After pressing it I sandwiched and basted. The backing is a cuddle fleece – blue with white stars. The batting is wool.
- Then the long, tedious stitching in the ditch began. I started from the outside and worked my way in. I was happy to meet no problems. Once I had all the main lines completed, I then went around the applique and most of the piecing. Finally the parts that had no piecing and lastly I basted the very edge. All pins out. I love taking that final pin out.
- Next on went the binding. I find a lint roller is perfect for holding the binding and rolls off nicely.
- Then I hand sewed it on to the back, looked out the window and decided I had a fine day where I could wash it and most likely get it dry, so I did. And then a little time in front of the fire and airing cupboard and I was happy with it.
- What it looked like when finished, it measured about 58 inches across and 66 inches long approx. The pattern was bigger but I only wanted something for a lap quilt.
- And it was delivered.