This past week I managed to catch up on some of the assigned Splendid Sampler blocks which made me very happy! These are 61/2″ blocks and will finish at 6 inches.
Jen Kingwell’s “Happy Happy” block
Victoria Findlay Wolfe’s “Full Circle Star”
Kim Christopherson’s “Cute as a Cupcake”
Amy Ellis’ “Simple Surprises”
Pat Sloan’s “Wild Rose”
Kerry Green’s “First Stitch”
I am linking up with Elm Street Quilts to share the completion of one main goal for the month of September.
I set out to complete my Space quilt. I still had some rows to sew together, to pin it together, quilt it and sew on the binding. And yes, I got there and I am delighted with the result. I followed Amy Smart’s Quick Cornerstone Quilt idea.
It is backed with a very soft cuddle fleece and will make someone a very cosy lap quilt. This quilt will be raffled at the school I used to teach at in early November. They have a fair day once a year, run by the children, where basically they bring old junk to sell and buy new junk. Plus we always have some good raffles arranged. All money goes to helping children in need around New Zealand and the world.
Well as things happen life sometimes puts sewing and the usual round of things on the back burner so it turned out I wasn’t here for a couple of weeks. But now I am back. This was my last list. So where am I up to?
To-Do for the week of the 5th of September
- Sandwich and baste my Space quilt, possibly a little bit of stitching in the ditch. I am actually on the home run now with this. It is my one monthly goal to finish and all going well I’ll make it.
- Start working on September block #2 of the #ILoveHomequilt 18 and 1/2″ block. I love this quilt along, I had started it and done the applique earlier in the month and yesterday I sewed it all together. I am loving this quilt along by Jacquelynne Steves
- Complete this week’s Grandma’s Kitchen block. Completed the 10 and 1/2″ Peppermint SwirlsAnd Kitchen Door in the Grandma’s Kitchen Quilt along. 12 and 1/2″ block
- Complete a Splendid Sampler block – no.
- Some gardening – weather permitting – I did get a little done but when the weather is good I need to get out there!
To-Do for week of 26th September
- Complete two Grandma’s Kitchen blocks
- One or two Splendid Sampler blocks
- Start on I Love Dirt quilt top
- Some gardening, weather permitting.
This week I am joining up with Stitch All the Things
to look at what I need to do in the coming week, or lets re-word that… what I want to do!
I am linking up with Elm Street Quilts to focus on one main goal for September.
This month I want to finish up the lap quilt I started in August, it is a nine patcher that has been cut in four to make a cornerstone quilt. I want to have it well ready for a raffle for a local school fund raising event in early November. So I want to be well ahead.
At present this is what it looks like.
I want to put on a small border around it once all the blocks are together and then to sandwich and pin baste it and then quilt and bind it. I have some wool batting and some cuddle fleece for the back to make it warm and cosy.
The fabric is mostly Galaxy by Henley Studio for Makower UK