Joining in with the 2018 Planning Party over at Quilting JETgirl.
So one half of the year has gone so let’s see where I am!
- Complete my Grandma’s Kitchen quilt by quilting and binding it. ♥ Completed
- Complete the I Love Dirt quilting and binding ♥ Completed
- Quilt about three tops that I have One done – the Solstice Quilt. Two to go.
- Finish off a QAYG project that I started in 2017 and lost interest in, by doing a half size quilt Still to be done.
- Bind another couple of quilts waiting for that to happen Not Yet
- Biggest goal is to piece up 40 more Splendid Sampler 6 inch blocks and then join them into a top and quilt, most likely using the same method for quilting as Grandma’s Kitchen. ♥ Completed
- Finish piecing my log cabin hearts and sew into a top. ⇐ Working on at present. I have all the blocks complete and I have them sewn into rows, so next step is to join the rows.
- Plan a quilt and look for fabric that will suit it, one in memory of my mother, when planned start it. ♥ Planning started, fabric gathered. I have a few blocks done for this. Ideally like to work on it at least one day a week.
- Link with my sister to make a memory quilt for my Dad – we did save his clothing and my sister has prepared pieces. ♥ Off the list as my sister is well ahead with this.
- Take a trip north to visit some quilt shops – and family of course. ♥ Completed
- Learn some photography skills for both quilt and book blogging I have been reading about this and have endeavoured to improve how I present a block and to photograph a quilt outside where possible.
And of course since the year started I have added a few goals to the list so adding for the second half
- Make a bookcase quilt
- Take part in the Splendid Sampler 2 sew along.