Linking up with Texas Gal Quilts
I am enjoying the sunshine here in New Zealand and sewing away because it brings me great satisfaction. Being retired means I have time. Monday, the day I am writing this post, I have set aside for a bit of housework and planning for the coming week in sewing and reading.
Goals last week were:
- Keep quilting log cabin Queen quilt and finish all the feather parts.Done
- Complete block 2 of Riley Blake Designs Challenge. Done
- Complete block 2 of Sweet Dreams QAL
- Sew all grey blocks for Nine Patch Square Dance Quilt. Done. So all blocks now finished.
Goals for week of 18th of January week.
- Quilt the nine log cabins on my Queen quilt.
- Complete Block 3 of Riley Blake Challenge
- Complete Block 3 of Sweet Dreams QAL.
- Make a block or two for Magnolia Quilt I have started by one block! Chelsi Stratton design.
- Start sashing the Nine Patch Square Dance blocks.
- Go through a couple of baskets of scraps and separate into what I will use and what I will pass on to somebody who might be able to use them for small handmade projects she does.
- I’ve also started a leaders and enders project – until of course I have all the sum of its parts and then it becomes its own project. This week I will be making wonky star blocks as I go. I saw this pattern in an old magazine and have been wanting to make something like it. I will be making it smaller because I don’t want a 90″ long quilt but will see how the pattern looks as I build it. Possibly 60 by 70. American and Patchwork Magazine No. 159