Linking up with Quilt Schmilt
To Do Tuesday #2 2023
For the Week 3rd January
- continue to work on the Chilhowie Bonnie Hunter blocks. The final clue came out last Friday and it finishes off the quilt. It has quite a few steps in it so now I will go slow as I finish, at the moment I am doing the sashing between the blocks which involves some quarter square triangles so will take a little while.
- The next Sewcialites block later in the week. Done. I just did it in the main colours and the other blue/yellow and the 3 inch one I am leaving out this week. This is block 10 designed by Lori Holt..
- Complete doing the hand binding on my Magnolia quilt. Finally done. I used Riley Blake Anne of Green Gables fabric and the pattern is by Chelsi Sttratton. I made it smaller than the pattern.!
And a few other things that found there way in. I know many of you call them squirrels but we have no squirrels in my country so no name for them!!
I decided to do A Quilting Life BOM for 2023 even though I had decided I wouldn’t. But only doing the 6″ version and in boys fabric that can be turned into a boys quilt and uses up scraps of fabric left overs!
I also took on moving my A Quilting Life BOM 2022 further along during January, towards the finish line. My 12″ top is done so I put my 6″ blocks together into a top and its the perfect size our NICU like so eventually I’l’ quilt it up for that.
I also started making a backing for the 12″ block one and that is almost finished.
Week of 10th January
- Continue to work on Chilhowie Bonnie Hunter mystery on the sashing.
- Next Sewcialites block
- Finish backing for 12″ A Quilting Life BOM 2022
- Whatever takes my eye!