Linking up with Texas Quilt Gal
To Do Plans for week of 14th June
- Machine sew binding on Scrappy Crossroads quilt and start hand sewing it to the back. Done. Sorry for the dark photo, winter day photography!
- Pin and start quilting my Rustic Charm quilt. All pinned and started to quilt around the wonky stars. My quilting is not the best around them, rather uneven, I am just calling it wonky quilting!
- Serendipity choices. If time! I have two more “orders” for cushions, one from Miss 6 and one from Mr. 8, once they saw their cousins one they wanted one too! Finished Miss 6 and Mr 8 cushions. (We call them cushions, I think the USA would call them pillows.) They had done the art on fabric and then I turned them into cushions for them. Scarlett made a mistake in the name so without shame crossed out the letter and kept going! The cushions are 16″ and I put a zip in at the back, I like to use Sherri’s tutorial from A Quilting life on You Tube for this.
I also took the opportunity this week to make the June BOM that I am doing through A Quilting Life. I am doing both the 12″ and 6″ blocks.
Week of 21st June Plan
- Continue to quilt Rustic Charm quilt. Hope to get all stars done and then do next step.
- Spend the week looking at some of the projects I’ve cast aside and see what I can do with them. Take them another step or more. I really have a lot, I keep getting side tracked by new projects. No new projects this week. No serendipity – just eyes on the “cast asides”.