- Complete 4 blocks in the Bloom quilt. ( I have decided to to do the full 20 blocks and as I want to complete all blocks by the end of the month, I need to make this one a priority. √ think I made 6 which has brought me a good ways along.
- Complete this weeks Grandma’s Kitchen QAL block, possibly the Splendid Sampler one if time.√ Will finish at a 12 inch block. I don’t remember any sayings of my grandmas. However Nana C was always very adamant we stay together as a family, and it is something of her legacy that we do! She also advocated a good breakfast and wearing a singlet. The only think I don’t do is wear a singlet any more. Just don’t seem to need one!!The Splendid Sampler block this week was block number 91 – Gran’s Button Jar. I’ll finish it this afternoon. Will finish at a six inch block.
- Choose fabric from what I already have and cut fabric for I Love Home quilt along and view the videos of Alyssa from Penguin & Fish on Facebook to see what she does for it. Well I got hooked in my this block. Yes I cut the fabric out for all the blocks. And I’ve watched Alyssa each day – she is still cutting. √ …But once I had the fabric cut out I couldn’t stop. (I am using fabric left over from my previous quilt which is also a bonus). I just had to go ahead and work on the block for August until I had it completed and… I love it. It is an 18 inch block. Roll on September. But I am still watching Alyssa on Facebook each day as well because I want to see how her choices work out.
- Walk 50 000 steps × Bad week for walking – so much rain so only got out a couple of days. I am so over rain. 43000 steps
- Spend another hour weeding this week. There are lots of weeds. But even seeing small patches weeded is rewarding. × The garden is sodden! No chance of getting out and the next week is looking that way too.
To Do for the Week of the 15th of August
- Complete all the Bloom Blocks so that I have 20.
- Complete this week’s Grandma’s Kitchen and Splendid Sampler blocks
- Amy from Diary of a Quilter has this Quick Cornerstone Quilt that I am thinking of making using some Space fabric so will check it out against my fabric and fully decide and then … maybe start cutting.
- Walk 50000 steps