- Complete the top of the 182 Solstice pattern top and once the fabric arrives start the next quilt along Grandma’s Kitchen and decide whether to go for white or cream background. Hoping it will come in the next week. Done.
- Start the quilting of a Craftsy class quilt – 2016 Block of Month – at least pin baste it together, ready for stitch in the ditch. Done
- Do the embroidery on block of Splendid Sampler Not Done
- Once embroidery block is finished start the Sew South Splendid Sampler block which has hexagons, so will be hand sewing. Not Done but started.
- Read The Dress in the Window by Sofia Grant and review. Done
- Complete 50 000 steps for the week. Done 59 000
- Clean some windows! Some progress.
- Visit joinery factory and discuss possibility of bookshelves/cupboards/TV combination thing. I am hesitant because of space but I so need shelves and don’t know where else to put them but in lounge/sitting room. Sadly no.
July 11th Week
- Continue with stitching in the ditch on Craftsy Garden Charm quilt 2016, ideally would like to get this part finished by next Tuesday.
- Sew block 2 and maybe 3 of Grandma’s Kitchen sew along. Block 1 is completed
- Sew some embroidery stitches on embroidery splendid sampler block and maybe do a few more hexagons for another block in it.
- Read 2 books at least and listen to The Stars are Fire by Anita Shreve as I stitch in the ditch. (Borrowed on CD from the Library).
- 50000 steps in the week.
Well can see and do know really housework not a high priority and I am nervous about this book case I kind of want but just not sure that it will be too over powering in a smallish room but on the other hand I have little storage space and need some! So putting these two goals back in again for this week.
- Clean some more windows
- Visit joiners to discuss book case/cupboards/TV thing.
I seem to start a lot of quilts, although I suspect that is what quite a number of quilters do! In this post I am not at this point looking back at what I have completed this year, but rather what I am working on and plans for furthering them along.
- Splendid Sampler – I aim to make 100 6 inch blocks, so that I can then piece them together and make a bed size quilt for the winter with a woollen batting. This will not be completed until next year – maybe mid 2018.
- Bloom Quilt from the Bloom Sew Along at Bee in my Bonnet. Obviously I am not doing it when it was first shared, but in my own time. I am working on the fourth block at present. I will give this away when I finally finish!
- The 182 Solstice sew along with Pat Sloan which is now finished but as it was ending, on a whim I decided to start sewing it! I have three more blocks to do, plus the sashing and various fillers. I hope to finish this by the end of the year. Its for myself! It was meant to be bigger but I have downsized the blocks to 75% because I only wanted throw size.
- Scrappy Quilt of Log Cabin and sixteen patches. I made this with left over fabric from a quilt I made a young relative. I think I will finish the quilting side of this by October so that it can be used at a fund raising event at a local school, where the children fund raise for Mission work. I think it is about 40 ” by 50″ from memory.
- Craftsy 2016 block of month quilt I bought the kit for this and have been piecing it, way behind of course, but it doesn’t really matter. I intend giving it to one of my sisters for a belated significant birthday. I haven’t made it as big as the pattern because again I don’t want a quilt that big. My next task is to quilt it. The backing just arrived today, I have chosen a minky fabric. Er… White! Not sure that is such a good choice!
- Anne of Green Gables Quilt. I am making this for a young family member, think she is ten. I have finished the top. Now just waiting for the backing to arrive and then will quilt it and present. Hopefully in the next month or two.
- Almost forgot the Leah Day Free Motion Block Party that I am doing. Think I have done five blocks and haven’t done June yet. Might be awhile with the other things on the go!There just isn’t enough hours in the day! I will begin blocks for one more quilt along Grandma’s Kitchen Sew Along with Pat Sloan, the fabric is on its way, block one is already out, but I can catch up. Ahem!!