Linking up with Quilt Schmilt
To Do Tuesday #2 2023
For the Week 3rd January
- continue to work on the Chilhowie Bonnie Hunter blocks. The final clue came out last Friday and it finishes off the quilt. It has quite a few steps in it so now I will go slow as I finish, at the moment I am doing the sashing between the blocks which involves some quarter square triangles so will take a little while.
- The next Sewcialites block later in the week. Done. I just did it in the main colours and the other blue/yellow and the 3 inch one I am leaving out this week. This is block 10 designed by Lori Holt..
- Complete doing the hand binding on my Magnolia quilt. Finally done. I used Riley Blake Anne of Green Gables fabric and the pattern is by Chelsi Sttratton. I made it smaller than the pattern.!
And a few other things that found there way in. I know many of you call them squirrels but we have no squirrels in my country so no name for them!!
I decided to do A Quilting Life BOM for 2023 even though I had decided I wouldn’t. But only doing the 6″ version and in boys fabric that can be turned into a boys quilt and uses up scraps of fabric left overs!
I also took on moving my A Quilting Life BOM 2022 further along during January, towards the finish line. My 12″ top is done so I put my 6″ blocks together into a top and its the perfect size our NICU like so eventually I’l’ quilt it up for that.
I also started making a backing for the 12″ block one and that is almost finished.
Week of 10th January
- Continue to work on Chilhowie Bonnie Hunter mystery on the sashing.
- Next Sewcialites block
- Finish backing for 12″ A Quilting Life BOM 2022
- Whatever takes my eye!
Linking up with Texas Quilt Gal
Last weeks plans.
- Finish quilting the Magnolia quilt and maybe machine sew on the binding to the front ready for hand sewing the back. I finished the quilting but still need to machine sew on the binding.
- Make pillowslip #3 and the final one I want to make.. I did make the final one but somehow it just didn’t turn out right. Will need to make another.
- Continue making the Chilhowie – Bonnie Hunter blocks and make a start on the Sewcialites block #8 when it comes out. I finished up clue #3 and this week it’s #4. As I am making the quilt 3/4 the size of the actual one I have to make 12 sets of 8 half square triangles and 4 quarter square triangles to go with each. 3 sets done.
- I also made the Sewcialites 2 # 8 block. Was quite challenging to make. I decided to simplify this week and didn’t do the 3 1/2″ version. Designed by Shereece Nicole and named Interwoven.
I also went to beach with one of my sisters to try to photograph a couple of quilts for my yearly calendar I like to make but… it was extremely windy. So not very successful and we now have had so much wet weather can’t photograph outside yet. Will have to wait.
Edyta Sitar Pattern that I did, Mystery Quilt ’20 I think.
And my Riley Blake Challenge ’22 quilt. Really need to improve on this photo! Although the beach is pleasant!
Week of 20th December.
- make the third and final pillowslip. Has to be done!!
- Continue with Chilhowie clue #4 of Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.
- Sew binding on Magnolia quilt.
And possibles if works out but could be a bit busier than usual!
- Make next Sewcialites 2 block.
Linking up with Texas Quilt Gal
I was really upset to hear the Quilt and Tell podcast has been canned by the bosses. Tracy, Lori and Ginger really entertained me with their warm friendship shared among them and great quilting discussions. I hope they do something under their own steam. They are @SewSupportive, @gstquiltandsews and @loribake on Instagram.
I love good quilting podcasts and the above one was one of my top. favourites.
I also went down under another mystery quilt along. This time with Bonnie K. Hunter’s Chilhowie Quilt No I wasn’t going to do it, but even though I have projects, the call of something different was too much. I am only using what I have in my stash though, no buying. I am using purple, orange and green. Green instead of aqua as I don’t have much aqua but lots of green. I don’t intend rushing to keep up, I’ll just stroll along as I feel like it.
Complete hand sewing of binding on Riley Blake Challenge Quilt. Done. Here is a back view of it as I want to get out when the weather fines up to take a front view. I made a really scrappy backing for this quilt.
Do some quilting on the Magnolia quilt. Yes I am moving along and planning what do do to it next.
Make the 3 inch Sewcialites 1 block instead of the one in Sewcialites 2. Block 29.
Yes I want for this option and it was easier than the S2 option. However not my finest but just going to keep it and put it in.
Plan for Week of 29th Nov into December!
- Continue with the quilting of the Magnolia quilt.
- Make a Sewcialite 2 block 6 I think.
- Try to figure how to make a pillowslip with Christmas fabric. I want to make it with a flap but am bamboozled by the variety of tutorials on You Tube but aim to try and combine two that just may help me.
- Make some Chilhowie blocks here and there!