Achievments for Week 3 of November
- Complete 3 more blocks in the Splendid Sampler√ I started on these first as I have the goal of making 14 this month. I now have 9/14 done. The two piecing ones I did I found quite difficult and they are not the best. One was foundation pieced and while I usually enjoy that, this one – not so much! It ended up a little smaller than 61/2″ so will just have to put a slightly bigger border on it. For the third one I chose an easy appliqué block!
- Complete one log cabin heart block√ I added one more to the growing pile of blocks.
- Sew couple of sashings onto centre of I Love Home block #3√
- Complete this weeks Grandma’s Kitchen block√ I don’t remember my grandmother’s plates but I do know that my own mother loved china. When she was growing up in the 1930’s in a small back country place she used to visit a tip and pick out pieces of broken pretty china. When she married over the years she gathered some beautiful China, she left behind her much to be shared out between her daughters and grand-daughters.I really like this block and would like a whole quilt of it… but I found my piecing was off on this one so would need to slow down and see if I can do better! Anyways!
Plan for Week 4 of November
- Three more blocks for the Splendid Sampler
- Complete the I Love Home block
- Sew up Block #21 of Grandma’s Kitchen
- One Log Cabin Heart block
- Possibly sew on final sashing of the I Love Dirt quilt.