Flowers for Emma quilt finish

banner

Linking up with Elm Street Quilts

My goal for August was to quilt my Flowers for Emma top. I also wanted to make a curved edging which I had never done before. The pattern by Sherri from A Quilting Life called for bias single fold binding, something else that was new to me. I found my way through all this and finished it up! It’s good to try new ways of doing something.

Finished Quilt

My five year old great niece Scarlett – who is a wonderful appreciator of quilts – saw it drying outside after I had washed it. “Hmm” she said,” I could use this for my dolls!” Both her grandmother and myself said… “Afraid not!”

6 thoughts on “Flowers for Emma quilt finish

  1. Hi Kathryn! HAHA – you have to love Scarlett throwing out the suggestion. If she didn’t ask she wouldn’t get on the list for a quilt for her and her dolls. It turned out just great! I’ve never tried a scallop edge. ~smile~ Roseanne

    Liked by 1 person

    • Thanks Roseanne! Scarlett is such a joy and so funny. She always looks closely at the quilts I make! I have just got out a few very little ones I may have been going to use as small table toppers and I’ll bind them and offer then to her for her dolls!

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.