Linking up with Texas Quilt Gal
Plan for October 11th Week was – Main Three
- I am doing the Fat Quarter Shop Mystery BOM and it has a setting that I am doing as well. Although as I don’t want an 80″ square quilt I am adapting the setting and so am making a log cabin block and changing size. Involves Maths! So I want to get at least one or two of the log cabins made and attached to the first block. I made two log cabins and one star corner block. I still have another one of those to do and then I can sew the first row together. I did adapt the log cabin from 14″ to 12″ finished – the centre I made 3″ instead of 6″ and then downsized the strips a little. I love the Nantucket Summer fabric and really enjoyed the interview of Camille Roskelley by FQS on You Tube last week.
- Continue quilting the Edyta Sitar mystery quilt – might get it finished. I did finish it and readied it for binding. That was sewn on and now just the hand sewing part.
- Work on making a scrappy backing out of left over fabric for my Riley Blake Challenge quilt top. I made the scrappy backing, it was a bit too improv so hope it sits flat when I pin it to the front which will be the Riley Blake QAL ’22 top. I used discarded blocks, plus left over Anne of Green Gables fabric.
Plan for Week of 18th of October. Main Three
- Finish hand sewing the binding to the back of the Edyta Sitar Mystery Quilt
- Make the second star block and sew first row of Nantucket Summer QAL from FQS
- Watch for first block of the FQS Sewcialites QAL out at the end of the week. I am going to do the 6″ in Nantucket Summer fabric. This is the left overs from the QAL above as FQS is very generous with fabric for that QAL. If I don’t have enough I am going to watch for when Dwell comes out as it has similar fabric and should work in. I am also going to try doing the 3″ blocks in two different fabrics. That is x2 quilts. One is Sherri & Chelsi fabric and one is picked out fabric from my stash in blue and yellow. To start with I will cut out and hopefully sew the 6″ block by next Tuesday.